Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Daily Water Flush!

The best way to start the morning is to freshen up!  One thing I have been doing to start my day each morning is a liquid flush.  Upon waking up I pour a large glass of water, (About 25oz or so)  add some lime juice and chug it.  This is not only good for hydrating the body but it usually induces a bowel movement which clears out the colon and makes you feel great before you start to tackle the day.  I would recommend giving it a try for once it becomes habitual, one will realize how much better they feel when having this morning detox.  I have also noticed that this practice helps to settle my stomach.  Good Stuff


Many people talk about the "Salt Water Flush" which is similar and known to cleanse the entire digestive tract.  The recipe is to mix 1 quart of lukewarm water with 2 teaspoons of SEA SALT and consume in the morning before eating anything.  It is said that within an hour you will be stationed on the pot.  I have yet to try this but many have testified to its validity.  For better results it is recommend to drink herbal laxative tea before going to sleep the night before to loosen matter in the digestive system.  This can be done daily for a more complete cleanse.  I would not recommend making it a daily habit, rather just using it to detox periodically.  The Mediterranean recipe is to substitute the salt with a tablespoon of olive oil which helps to lubricate the digestive tract.  Hell maybe even do both.  Side effects include an increase in energy.

- Rawnold P

No comments:

Post a Comment